Captivating Croatia and Montenegro - Preview 2021
Captivating Croatia And Montenegro – Preview 2021
This enchanting journey takes you from iconic landmarks in bustling Adriatic cities to hidden gems known only to the locals. Discover rich heritage on a guided walk through majestic Dubrovnik, see how oysters are harvested on the floating oyster beds of the Adriatic and marvel at the stunning cascades of Plitvice Lakes National Park. Along the way, you’ll stay in stately hotels, taste local wines and cuisine, and marvel at the rugged beauty of the coastline.
- Dubrovnik: Feel the warm hospitality of this ancient city, as you join your travel companions for a delicious Welcome Dinner hosted at an atmospheric local restaurant.
- Tivat: Relish the finest food and wine of Montenegro at a local winery where you’ll have the chance to meet the vintner and enjoy a spectacular farm-to-table dinner. Winemaking in Croatia dates back some 2,500 years when the ancient Greeks occupied the southern Dalmatian islands. Today it is a thriving industry with some old-world grape varieties still in use.
- Ston: Join your captain for a boat ride to the floating oyster beds of the Adriatic and watch as he brings in the ropes and shucks oysters in front of you. Savour your first mouthful, straight from the sea, served with freshly-squeezed lemon and a chilled glass of local wine.
- Boljenovici: Follow the Old Napoleon Way to the hilltop Vina Vukas winery and meet the passionate winemaker who will share with you trade secrets and tastings of famous blends.
- Split: Enjoy a Mediterranean dinner of seasonal cuisine served in a local restaurant.
- Zadar: As the sun sets over the bay, savour delicious regional specialties and sip on local wine.
- Zagreb: Raise a glass of wine, as you toast to new friends and memories at your finale Celebration Dinner hosted in the heart of the city.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dubrovnik: Join your Local Expert for a cultural exploration of Dubrovnik’s many wonders. See the 16th century bastions of Old Town, Onofrio’s Fountain and explore some of the film locations of the award-winning series, ‘Game of Thrones.’
- Dubrovnik: Embark on a dazzling cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik, gazing out at spectacular vistas of the Adriatic Sea and mighty city walls rising straight from the cliffs.
- Kotor: With a Local Expert, visit the enchanting town of Kotor, nestled between dramatic mountains and a spectacular bay.
- Perast: Enjoy an orientation of this tiny town as you explore with your Travelling Concierge.
- Perast: Explore the legendary Our Lady of the Rocks church.
- Split: Join your Local Expert for a highlight tour of Split with stops at St. Duje’s, the Temple of Jupiter and the Golden Gate.
- Split: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Diocletian’s Palace where you will explore the winding streets and see the Roman era buildings with your Local Expert.
- Zadar: Explore this beautiful city with it’s intriguing Sea Organ.
- Plitvice Lakes: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park as you walk along stunning cascades, guided by your Local Expert.
- Zagreb: Join your Local Expert on an orientation city tour showcasing the charming atmosphere of the lower town then travel to the medieval upper town by funicular to see the colourful Church of St. Mark and Lotršcak Tower.
- Dubrovnik: Located moments away from Dubrovnik’s Old Town, this five-star hotel dates back to 1895 and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that offers unrivalled views of the Adriatic Sea and the Old Town.
- Tivat: Rated the best five-star luxury accommodation in Montenegro at the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2015, the Renaissance-inspired Regent Porto Montenegro places you moments away from Tivat’s glitzy marina and awe-inspiring Boka Bay.
- Split: This flagship hotel is a short walk away from famous Bacvice beach and the Palace of Diocletian, offering timeless interiors, fine dining and a lovely poolside terrace.
- Split: This exclusive seaside hotel places you within metres of the Adriatic and boasts an infinity pool, private beach, wellness spa, and guest suites with stunning vistas of the sea.
- Petrcane: The Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera is located on the Punta Skala Peninsula, overlooking the Adriatic and boasts a private beach and luxury spa facilities, including a Turkish hammam. Its unique architectural design is complimented with chic furnishings, enabling you to enjoy your stay in style and comfort. During the evenings, perhaps enjoy a sunset drink or delight in Alpine-Adriatic cuisine at one of the many bars and restaurants within the hotel and along the beach.
- Zagreb: Over the years the elegant and stately Esplanade Zagreb has gracious welcomed presidents, politicians and film stars. It’s something of a landmark among the socialites of the Mediterranean, offering everything from fine restaurants to glamorous suites.
- Dubrovnik: Meet Matija and Giorgio Vierda, master jewellery craftsmen who use ancient goldsmith techniques. Their family’s historic pieces are so famous they can be found amongst the country’s most treasured possessions at the Ethnological Museum.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Loca…
Welcome to Dubrovnik.
Highlights of Dubrovnik.
Glamorous Tivat and a Local Winery.
Day Trip to Romantic Kotor.
Day at Leisure in Tivat.
Fresh Oysters in Ston, Mediterranean Wine Tasting and on to Split.
On to Petrcane.
Petrcane and Zadar.
Plitvice Lakes and on to Zagreb.